Full Smart Home Automation in One Place
- Lock your doors, arm your home security system, close your garage door, and adjust the temperature.
- Climate control from anywhere—reduce energy bills by an average of 12%.
- Personalize your lighting systems to fit your schedule.
Full home control is in your hands
- Your professional-grade security system protects your family and home in the event of a real break-in or fire. But making your security system smart means you can remotely watch over your home and control your devices when you’re away.
- The interactive app gives you mobile management of your security system and smart home devices. With just one app, you can easily manage every part of your smart home system from anywhere..
Lock and unlock your door without keys
- Use your phone to check the status of your smart lock remotely so you always know who’s coming and going. Create unique keys for family, friends, or contractors. Remotely arm your smart home security system and turn on interior lights if you see someone approaching your door.
Complete control in one app.
See when your package is delivered.
Yale Smart Lock
Looking To Reuse Your Existing System?
Home automation is using information and technology to remotely configure and connect devices, like home appliances and electrical systems, to perform intuitive and useful tasks. The automating of such tasks—like lighting, heating, and ventilation—can save time and money and allows you to personalize your home to your preferences.
Furthermore, each setting can be controlled and reviewed remotely from an app on your smartphone, whether you are at home or anywhere in the world.
Home automation does increase home value. New home buyers increasingly expect their home to have the latest appliances, up-to-date features, and premium-quality smart technology. If your house has some of the above, you can ask for a higher price. Consult with a real estate agent beforehand to ensure that the amount you’re asking for is realistic.
A new study from Coldwell Banker offers insight into what smart home products increase property value. According to the report, voice control is one feature that consumers demand most of all. Not just Millennials either; parents, Gen Xers, and Baby Boomers also want voice control, too. Adding home automation systems like Google Home or Amazon Echo will help attract buyers of any demographic.
To raise home value further, consider other options. Home entertainment systems, smart lighting options, and smart home security system elements as these are features home buyers look for the most.
Here are just a few benefits of turning your home into a smart home.
- Savings: Smart thermostats and smart lighting save energy and cut down your electric bill. Certain devices even offer rebates.
- Safety: Automation can also help improve your home security. Automated lighting deters burglars, and motion sensors help people enter doors and walk hallways late at night. Security cameras notify you of package deliveries or unwanted visitors.
- Convenience: Because smart homes can care of busywork for you, you’ll have more time to spend on what you enjoy doing. Many smart gadgets communicate with one another, and you can set sequences with multiple devices to automate regular home processes. For instance, you could set your smart locks to turn on your smart lighting when you unlock the front door.
- Control: Smart home devices grant you unprecedented control over every aspect of the home. You’ll always know what’s happening inside your home at all times.
- Peace of Mind: Finally, many consumers invest in smart home technology for peace of mind. Check on your children and pets when you’re away to make sure they’re safe. Verify whether you left the stove on, the garage door open, or the door unlocked.
Check out our Home Automation Comprehensive guide to learn more.
Smart home automation works through linking a collection of remote devices (typically lighting, heat, ventilation and air conditioning, electronic appliances, and entrance points) to perform activities around the house without the need of human interaction.
Each electronic appliance or system in your home is linked together and can be controlled and monitored via an app on a smartphone. This is called wireless home automation using the Internet of Things (IoT). IoT describes a system that uses computers or mobile devices to automatically control selected home functions and features through the internet from anywhere.
In order for the system to work accurately, it does require internet connectivity, usually in the form of Wi-Fi or internet connection. There are alternatives to internet connectivity for smart home automation, though: Both wireless and wired systems can be set up.
Smart home technology and the connected devices don’t just connect to your phone, though—now, they are compatible with virtual assistants like Amazon Echo and Google Home. The voice-controlled smart software can be used to set up and monitor a household and all connected appliances.
For example, you can manage your home’s temperature or locks by speaking your request aloud to an Amazon Echo, which will then connect to the device and perform the task for you.
Your Way. Your Choice
Starting at $26.99/month.
Everything in the Traditional Package
Everything in the Control Package