Best Alarm Company
- Build a completely new alarm system or upgrade equipment you already own.
- Control your security equipment, lights, locks, thermostats, and cameras with a single app.
- Industry-fastest police, fire, and medical service response times.
Customize Your Security System
Yale Smart Lock
Fast, Reliable, and Future-Proof
- 4G LTE dual-path connectivity
- Bluetooth touchless disarming
- Built-in glass break detector and 5 MP camera
- S-Line encryption
Protecting CT, MA, and RI Since 1972
We live and work in the communities we protect. So we have first-hand knowledge of your neighborhood and local law enforcement.
Alarm systems aren’t one-size-fits-all. You can design a system over the phone that’s perfectly tailored to you in just a few minutes.
All Alarm New England employees are background-checked and our licensed alarm system technicians satisfy all state and local requirements.
Over 50 Years of Service
Security is all we’ve ever done for over half a century, and we’ve climbed the ranks to become a leading alarm company in the nation.
Alarm Companies Help Keep Your Home Safe 24/7
- 24/7 UL-listed professional monitoring provided with every system
- Our central station monitors for fire, environmental, and life safety emergencies
- Lightning-fast response times that few other alarm companies can match
- Highly trained professionals
Professional Installation, Stress And Hassle-Free
- We take pride in delivering flawless security system installations that ensure optimal functionality and seamless integration inside your home.
- All technicians are employees of our company with years of industry experience.
- Should you need help with your home security system, your alarm company is here to assist at any time.
Home Security Systems, Made Smarter
One App for Your Entire Home
Control your entire smart home security system with our top-rated app, available on iOS and Android devices.
Your alarm company will inform you when events occur, such as sudden temperature changes, leaking pipes, or windows opening.
Smart Home Control
Arm or disarm your home security system, unlock or lock doors, turn lights off or on, and adjust the smart thermostat with a simple tap.
Keep an Eye on What Matters Most
Get a clear view in and around your home, day or night. Receive video clips on your smartphone when your cameras sense motion.
Your Way. Your Choice
Starting at $26.99/month.
Everything in the Traditional Package
Everything in the Control Package
Our Risk-Free Guarantee
- 100 Hano St
Boston, MA 02134
- Sales: (617) 237-1684
- Serving Brookline, Cambridge, Newton, Lexington, Belmont, Sudbury, Wayland, Cochituate, Boxborough, Westford, Arlington, Hopkinton, Sharon, Wellesley, Natick, Andover, Acton, Carlisle, Lincoln, Needham, Dover, Winchester, Medfield, Southborough, Weston, and more.
- 65 Inwood Rd
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
- Service/Support: 1-800-322-3500
- Serving Avon, Simsbury, Southport, Westport, Greenwich, Farmington, Glastonbury, New Canaan, Fairfield, Darien, Windsor, Wilton, Weston, Granby, Canton, Trumbull, Easton, Cromwell, Wethersfield, Newington, Milford, Southington, Middletown, Stamford, and more.
- 22 Whites Path
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
- Phone: (508) 219-1240
- Serving Bourne, Sandwich, Mashpee, Falmouth, Barnstable, Hyannis, Yarmouthport, South Yarmouth, Dennis, Brewster, Harwich, Chatham, Orleans, Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro, Provincetown, and more.
The main benefit of a hardwired security system is that you don’t need to change any batteries every few years, but this comes with a drawback. A burglar could cut your phone line from the outside your house. This would mean security systems have no way of sending a distress signal to the alarm company. Hardwired systems are harder for an alarm company to install as they’ll need access to the inside of your walls.
Wireless security systems are a little more flexible in terms of moving them around the home and can be installed in about half an hour. They’re portable too; you can relocate a wireless system from one property to another. In general, any alarm company would prefer to sell customers wireless security equipment to reduce costs and offer them the latest updated security features.
Alarm New England is one of the region’s top-rated alarm companies. Not only that, it’s also one of the largest alarm companies in the nation. Alarm New England offers three tiers of home security plans for both those who want to save money with a contract or get more flexibility with a month-to-month plan.
When choosing alarm companies, you need a provider that offers both reliable equipment and powerful features that you’ll actually use. Choose between basic burglar alarms as well as full home automation and security camera support. Comprehensive third-party support lets you use your favorite smart home devices and control them through the Alarm.com app.
On average, you can expect the alarm company to charge around $30 to $50 a month for monitoring. Systems that include video cameras like business security systems have an average monthly cost between $45 to $70 a month.
Equipment costs are difficult to estimate as there are many variables involved in calculating the final cost. Product quality and features can make a significant difference, as something like a security camera will cost substantially more than a motion sensor. Larger homes or properties with challenging layouts also need more equipment to create a complete security perimeter, which increases the price.
On the low end, you can expect around $500 upfront minimum (without a seasonal promotion or 3-year contract) for a basic system and around $2,000 to $3,000 for a larger home with cameras, lights, locks, and thermostats in addition to security.
Alarm New England sells equipment that’s easy to transfer to a new alarm company should you ever decide to move outside of our service area.
Other alarm companies like Xfinity, Cox, and Vivint sell proprietary equipment that only works with their service. It’s always wise to choose equipment that can be linked up with other alarm companies in case you decide you want to switch someday.
Alarm New England is proud to provide multiple options when it comes to finding the best access control solution for your business.
Alarm New England deters intruders using a variety of different methods.
Door and window sensors detect unauthorized entry and activate the alarm. Motion sensors use passive infrared waves to detect movement caused by a person or animal.
Glass break detectors can listen for the sound of broken glass in the event a burglar smashes a window to gain entry.
Security cameras with video analytics can detect people, animals, and vehicles and send you notifications if someone shows up at your door.
All of these detection methods complement our professional alarm monitoring service so that police are dispatched instantly. Alarms that have been verified by alarm companies receive the fastest response.
With our mobile app, even if you forget to arm your system when you walk out the door, you can press a button on your phone to activate it remotely. Likewise, you can disarm your system in the event of a false alarm without physically being at home.
Yes. Now that wireless systems have become the dominant form of security technology, adding security to your home is easier than ever—whether you own, rent, or live with roommates. We offer cost-effective packages that meet renters’ security needs, as well as full-featured security systems for larger homes.